A roofing system usually combines several elements such as the framing, wood decking, felt underlay, and exterior roofing material (e.g. tiles, shingles, wood shake).
Roofing defects include broken or loose roof tiles or shingles, improperly lapped or misaligned tiles or shingles, inadequate felt underlay coverage, torn or deteriorated felt underlay, or improper or inadequate nails/fasteners. The most common result of a defective roof is water intrusion which can result in water damage in other areas of the building as well as create unhealthy fungus and mold.
VMAR engineers analyze the roof and determine whether the structure complies with the requirements of applicable building codes. We also determine if the failure was inherent in the design, or if the defect occurred as a result of poor workmanship or storm damage.
When You Need to Know . . .
- Was the roof failure premature?
- Is the roof covered by a warranty?
- Did a faulty design contribute to the damage?
- Did poor workmanship contribute to the damage?
- What effect did water, wind, hail, or snow have on the roof?
- Why did ponding occur on the roof?
Detail of Roof Damage Investigation and Analysis Service
- Review and evaluate case file
- Review approved construction plans, construction inspection reports, O&M reports, and scope of work for available architect, engineer, and contractor contracts
- Determine "as designed", "as-built", and "existing" conditions
- Research and analyze applicable building codes
- Review and analyze warranty by roofing company
- Conduct roof assessment surveys of the structure, deck, vapor barrier, slope, flashing, insulation, penetrations, crickets, etc.
- Analyze roofing membrane materials and installation
- Prepare roof condition assessments
- Determine the level of serviceability of the current condition
- Determine effects of overuse or improper use, along with effects of age, weathering, and environmental conditions
- Preparation of a fully detailed written report
Our 21 Day
In the world of claims adjusting we know that you usually have only a 30-day window in which to determine the merits of a claim. That's why we promise to handle your assignment and get the completed report into your hands within 21 calendar days.
And we back our promise with this guarantee:
If we do not get your assignment completed within 21 calendar days, then we cut your cost in half.